Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of White Rock Apartments in San Antonio, Texas.
In contemplating how to shake up your household menu, there’s no better recipe than this one for Chorizo Street Tacos! Made with hearty chorizo sausage, spicy chipotle peppers, and your favorite toppings, these tacos are sure to be a crowd pleaser in your household. Affordable and simple to put together, you can make them for lunch, dinner, or even a late-night snack. Check out the ingredients list and directions below to get started!
- 1 chorizo sausage link, casing removed and meat crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste (optional)
- Toppings for your tacos (optional)
- Mix chorizo and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce together in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add chorizo mixture and cook until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a plate, reserving grease in the skillet.
- Heat tortillas in the reserved grease in skillet over medium heat until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Stack 2 tortillas on top of each other for each taco.
- Fill with chorizo, onion, and cilantro. Add toppings, as desired.